Monday, February 25, 2008


Finally purchased a camera
Well I finally bought a camera and took a picture of the painting that I just finished. I delivered it Friday afternoon and the owners were absolutely overwhelmed. There is nothing more that I could do that would make Sam so proud; it really does give me a good feeling of accomplishing something and it really helps occupy some very lonely weekends. I think my next one will be of him. I think that will either make me or break me -
we'll find out.
Sarah Elizabeth is back in school and doing so much better; no pain whatsoever. I don't know if the Crohn's caused her gallbladder problems or not, but at the moment, she is doing good. Cindy should go back to work at the end of this month.
She is doing good also.
I was disappointed to read of some new cases of cholangio on the blog site. It makes me so said to think of the journey that they will now have to travel - such a life changing event. I asked Sam one time what in the world I would do without him - he said you will be fine; you will just have a different life. I don't think he realized how different and difficult it was going to be.
Well I am not going to end this blog on a sad note - Spring is just around the corner and bulbs will be peaking their little heads through the ground soon. I am looking forward to Winter going away.
Love Betty

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

Hi Betty,
Finally figured out a way to answer you and thank you for your comments on Joe's blog. didn't know you started a new one. I love the picture of the girl with the horse. You are a wonderful artist. I will add Sara Elizabeth to our prayers.
i haven't posted it yet but Joe developed ascites(fluid in abdomen) over the weekend. We see the oncologist this afternoon. Don't know if this is the beginning of the end or not. No pain so that is great - just terribly weak. Will update blog after the doctor. God Bless Mary Anne

10:12 AM  
Blogger nancy sloan said...

Dear Betty,

I am so pleased to see that beautiful picture. What a wonderful talent you have. I see that you are doing a little better now. You have a good bit of life a head of you. We are still having such a struggle missing our dear Valerie. Her boys are doing better but still hard for all. The little guy Tyler, just wants his daddy. Daddy has a girlfriend. That has been an adjustment. I is so good to see you
blogging.

Love and Best Wishes,
Nancy Sloan

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home