Tuesday, February 12, 2008



Sam's Granddaughter Sarah Elizabeth

It has been a while since I have posted anything to Sam's blog but I wanted to give everyone an update on Sarah Elizabeth. S.E. was diagnosed with Chron's disease when she was 7 years old; she is now 17. She is in Arnold Palmer hospital in Orlando, FL. She is jaundiced, has a stone in her bile duct and has pancretitis. Cindy, Sam's daughter, was just released from the hospital yesterday after having 8 inches of her small intestine removed; she has ulcerative colitis. I think most of you know that ulcerative colitis is a risk factor for cholangiocarcinoma but I'm not sure about Chron's. I think there are several on the site that have discussed how big of a role that genes play in CC. S.E. is a senior this year but has not been able to go to class for a large part of this school year but she has been able to keep up her school work at home. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and I will update you on her progress.

Betty Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home