Monday, July 10, 2006

No Better but No Worse
I haven't posted anything lately because there really hasn't been any change. Sam is very weak, weight is down to about 134 and continues to not eat much. I make a fruit salad with watermelon, strawberries, peaches, blueberries and bananas and top it off with a boiled custard and that is just about all I can get him to eat. Occasionally I can persuade him to eat a scrambled egg but not often. He enjoyed watching the World Cup playoff and of course he is always in front of the T.V. when NASCAR is running (he certainly would have preferred Dale Jr. to win this weekend instead of Jeff Gordon).
Hospice is only coming by once/week to check his vital signs. I don't know if it is because he was a runner for so many years or what, but his vital signs are absolutely perfect. Sam is so easy-going that I'm sure his blood pressure has never been elevated in his life. He handles stress so well - I on the other hand have never had that luxury. I am still trying to work; I take a long lunch break and go home to check on him. I am still praying for a miracle and strength from God to handle whatever our future holds. I read everyone's blog everyday and pray for all of you. Hang in there!!!
P.S. Sam's cousin came all the way from Tallahassee this weekend just to bring him some boiled
peanuts. Thanks Ed and Nancy; we really enjoyed seeing you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Betty & Sam-

My husband is from Mississippi (I am from Texas)and he loves boiled peanuts. I had never heard of them until we went to Jackson to visit family.

Anyway, thinking of you and praying for us all.

-Caroline

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home